Something Like a Lesbian

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

You always remember your first

So here it is – something I’ve been working toward for years and coming to fruition, even if it isn’t exactly what I want. I started this site in an attempt to answer the perpetual questions that I get living as a queer woman in this less-than-enlightened society and vent about my experiences fitting in (or not) to an either-or culture.

Although I don’t think that my sexuality is the foundation of my personality, I would argue that there are very few aspects of my life that aren’t impacted by it. From not being able to find a woman to date (they all seem to think I’m straight) to being rejected by some of my gay friends for being interested in men, I feel like I can’t please anyone. One or the other, just pick.

That being said, don’t think everything here is going to be about my sexuality. This is the story of my life and times of sexual ambiguity just trying to make it through the day-to-day that can bring down even the most “normal” of people.

Let me know if there is anything I can do along the way to make the ride more enjoyable.

Wish me luck!

~SLL~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home